Journal of Philosophical Investigations (JPI) was established in 2007 in the department of Philosophy of the Faculty of Literature at the University of Tabriz. But before that, philosophical articles were published in an old journal called the journal of the Faculty of Literature. This old journal was the first journal of Tabriz University to be published in four issues per year, one of which was dedicated to the philosophical articles of the department of Philosophy and professors of philosophy. But this old journal was divided into four journals in 2006, and the Journal of Philosophical Investigations was one of them. Until the summer of 2014, emeritus professor Yahya Yasrebi, Professor of Philosophy and Mysticism at Allameh Tabatabaei University (Tehran), was the editor of this journal, and now Dr. Muhammad Asghari, Associate Professor of the Department of Philosophy- University of Tabriz, is the Editor-in-Chief of this journal. Initially, the Journal of Philosophical Investigations was published twice a year. Due to the great response from the philosophical audience, it was decided to publish it four times a year, and as a result, this journal was officially known as the Journal of Philosophical Investigations. This quarterly published the first issue of articles on Plato's philosophy, Greek philosophy, and Islamic philosophy, and since 2012 has published one of its issues (autumn every year) in English.
journal's source of income
The journal's source of income is provided by the University of Tabriz, and the authors pay for the publication of their articles to pay for the review of the journal's judges. This journal receives 3,000,000 Rials ($ 23 for authors outside Iran) for publishing articles from the author or authors of the article, and the online payment link: https://portal.tabrizu.ac.ir/payment
Frequency: 4 issues at year (Quarterly )
2019 ISC Impact Factor: 0.136 (Q1)
Language of journal: Persian & English
Email of journal: philosophy@Tabrizu.ac.ir
Support Email: jpitabrizu@Gmail.com
This journal is "Open Access": This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the Journal of Philosophical Investigations' definition of open access.
Open access and self-archiving
In this journal, free access refers to free and unrestricted online access to research output such as journal articles. Free access content is free for everyone, at no cost.
Open access license
This journal publishes open access articles under the CC BY (Creative Commons Attribution 4.0) license. Under Creative Commons, authors retain copyright in their articles. The CC BY license allows for the maximum release and reuse of open access materials and is preferred by many research funding institutions. Under this license, users are free to share (copy, distribute and transfer) and remix (adapt) the partnership, including for commercial purposes, provided they attribute the share in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
Official logo of the journal:
Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing:
- WEBSITE: website of The Journal of Philosophical Investigations (university of Tabriz), including the text that it contains, shall demonstrate that care has been taken to ensure high ethical and professional standards (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/process?ethics&lang=en). This journal does not imitate any publisher or philosophical journal and is independent of all philosophical journals, although the name of this journal is similar to the name of another journal whose publisher is not the University of Tabriz but its publisher is Wiley Online Library. An ‘Aims & Scope’ statement included on the website (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/aim_scope?lang=en) and the readership clearly defined. Statement of journal for considering for publication including authorship criteria (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/authors.note?lang=en) and separate for print and electronic ISSNs in the homepage of this journal is available (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/?lang=en)
- NAME OF JOURNAL: The name of this journal is not unique, but it has a similar name to Philosophical Investigations which is published by Willie Online Publishing, not the University of Tabriz. In order to distinguish the name of this journal from a similar journal, the name of Tabriz University is written in parentheses after the name of the journal in the journal's website (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/about?lang=en), and the specific and unique logo of the journal can be seen in all pages of published articles. This helps readers to easily recognize that this journal is different from a similar journal. Most importantly, this journal is published in Asia in Iran.
- PEER REVIEW PROCESS: Peer Review Process of this Journal clearly states: This journal uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/process?lang=en)
- OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: the publisher of this journal is the university of Tabriz (https://research.tabrizu.ac.ir/en)
- GOVERNING BODY: This journal has editorial boards that all whose members are recognized experts in the subject areas included within the journal’s scope (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/aim_scope?lang=en). The full names and affiliations of the journal’s editorial board or other governing body be provided on the journal’s website (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/editorial.board?lang=en).
- CONTACT INFORMATION: Full address of this journal Department of Philosophy- Faculty of Persian Literature & Foreign Languages- University of Tabriz- 29 Bahman Street - Tabriz city- Iran Fax: 04133342490/Tel: 0984133392131 /Email of Editor of Journal: email@example.com ( or see https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/contact.us?lang=en)
- COPYRIGHT AND LICENSING: This journal publishes open access articles under the CC BY (Creative Commons Attribution 4.0) license. Under Creative Commons, authors retain copyright in their articles (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/about?lang=en). The CC BY license allows for the maximum release and reuse of open access materials and is preferred by many research funding institutions. Under this license, users are free to share (copy, distribute and transfer) and remix (adapt) the partnership, including for commercial purposes, provided they attribute the share in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- AUTHOR FEES: Any fees or charges that are required for manuscript processing and/or publishing materials in the journal clearly stated on website of this journal (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/about?lang=en)
9. Plagiarism Check
Journal of Philosophical Investigations ( University of Tabriz) Editor's Board agreed that plagiarism could not be accepted and approved because it was agreed by those who agreed to the demands after agreeing to plagiarism / approving articles submitted for approval at this journal will use Turning checking software (Plagiarism Checker X for English language articles & Samimnoor for Persian language) as a tool to verify the text in the article script and the final version of the article is ready for use. A maximum of 20% is approved for the paper sent. If we find more than 20% of the index agree, the article will be returned to the responsible author to be corrected and sent back. Of course, in the process of submitting an article by the authors, the journal takes a written commitment from the responsible author, signed by him/her, and the author promises that the article does not contain any plagiarism.
Definition of Plagiarism:
Plagiarism involves "the use or placement of language imitations and the thoughts of other writers and their representation as someone's original work."
Papers must be original, not published, and not wait for publication elsewhere (such as in journals, books, etc...). Any material that is taken verbatim from other sources must be clearly explained about differing from this original text by (1) indenting, (2) using quotes, and (3) using sources.
Any text with an amount that exceeds the fair use standard (herein is determined as more than two or three sentences or the equivalent) or graphic material that is reproduced from other sources, requests permission from the copyright holder, and, requests, requests, and requests the source for help; e.g., previous publications.
When plagiarism is denied, the Editor in Chief is responsible for the review of this paper and will ask for steps that correspond to the level of plagiarism issued in this paper in accordance with the following instructions:
The level of plagiarism:
Minor: Short sections of other articles are traced without significant data or ideas taken from other papers.
Action: A warning is given to the author, and a request to change the text and citations correctly to the original article was made.
Intermediate: Most papers are plagiarized without citations matching the citation paper.
Action: Articles submitted were rejected and submitted, and the article was further rejected for one year.
Severe: Most papers are traced, which produces reproducing original results or ideas presented in other publications.
Actions: This paper was rejected and forbidden further authors for three years.
It is understandable because all authors are responsible for the contents of the papers they send because they all read and discuss the Journal of Philosophical Investigations (University of Tabriz) Copyright and Licensing. If the sentence is handed down for plagiarism, all writers will be subject to the same sentence.
If a second plagiarism case by the same author is identified, a decision on the actions to be enforced will be made by the Editorial board (Editor in Chief, and Editorial members) with the Chief Editor in Chief. The author is forbidden to submit further articles forever.
This policy also applies to materials reproduced from other publications by the same author. If an author uses text or images that have been previously published, the appropriate paragraph or number must be published and previously referenced.
Authors must exclude sources from previously published material and obtain permission from the original author and publisher. If someone sent the manuscript to the Journal of Philosophical Investigations (University of Tabriz) with a significant overlap with the manuscript sent to another journal simultaneously, and this overlap was found during the review process or after the publication of both papers, another journal editor participated who reported it as a case of severe plagiarism. Significant overlap means the use of identical or more identical numbers and identical or slightly verified text for some or more papers. For plagiarism itself, less than half the paper but more than one-tenth of the paper, the case must be more than medium plagiarism. If plagiarism is limited to the method, this case must be considered minor plagiarism.
If an author uses some previously published material to clarify the presentation of new results, previously published material must confirm and update for this publication to be published. Permission to republish must be obtained from the copyright holder. In publications that are published in the process of publication and then submitted for publication in the Journal of Philosophical Investigations (University of Tabriz) in either a connected or publication form, the author must discuss the name of the process and publication and publication to obtain permission to republish from the copyright holder. The editor may decide not to accept this paper for publication.
However, an author is permitted to use material from unpublished presentations, including visual displays, in subsequent journal publications. In the case of submitted publications, originally published in other languages, the original title, date, and journal of the publication must be identified by the author, and copyright must be obtained. Editors can accept such translated publications to attract the attention of a wider audience.
10 PUBLICATION ETHICS: Journal of Philosophical Investigations has not yet become an official member of the Cope and intends to become a member of the Cope as soon as possible. However, by the time of its official membership, this journal will act in full compliance with the guidelines and rules of publication ethics in accordance with the COPE, and, therefore, deems the following rules necessary to implement. A journal shall also have policies on publishing ethics. These are clearly visible on the website of this journal (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/process?ethics&lang=en)
11. PUBLISHING SCHEDULE: This journal is published in four issues a year (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/about?lang=en).
12. ACCESS: This journal is "Open Access": This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the Journal of Philosophical Investigations' definition of open access (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/about?lang=en).
13. ARCHIVING: journal’s plan for electronic backup and preservation of access to the journal content is access to main articles via DOAJ or ISC center.
14. REVENUE SOURCES: The journal's source of income is provided by the University of Tabriz, and the authors pay for the publication of their articles to pay for the review of the journal's judges not anything. (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/about?lang=en)
15. ADVERTISING: This journal does not accept any responsibility for advertising for the benefit of anyone, organization or center. (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/process?ethics&lang=en)
16. DIRECT MARKETING: This journal does not accept any responsibility for advertising for the benefit of anyone, organization or center. (https://philosophy.tabrizu.ac.ir/journal/process?ethics&lang=en)